The multi-billion pound UK engineering services sector is launching a major new industry alliance of eight organisations on 10 February.
The new alliance will be an agent for positive change and support the delivery of a safer, more productive and sustainable UK built environment.
The new sector alliance will launch on the morning of 10 February, with a virtual industry event.
The new alliance brings together the leading trade, technology, research and professional bodies within the engineering services sector. It will lead the sector’s response to the Building Safety agenda and post-COVID Green Recovery, providing direction and championing the wider industry culture changes needed for their successful delivery.
The eight organisations bring a broad range of technical, practical and commercial expertise to focus on four strategically important themes – skills, building safety, carbon reduction and commercial issues in 2021.
The newly formed alliance consists of:
· The Building Engineering and Services Association (BESA)
· The Building Services Research and Industry Association (BSRIA)
· The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
· ECA - Electrical and Engineering Services
· The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA)
· The Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA)
· SELECT – the Electrical Contractors’ Association of Scotland
· The Scottish and NI Plumbing Employers’ Federation (SNIPEF)
The annual HVR Awards took place on Thursday 14 October in a virtual format with the live stream serving as an incredible celebration of the very best products, businesses and initiatives from across the heating and ventilating sector....
The £35m Royal College of Physicians at The Spine in Liverpool’s Knowledge Quarter (KQ Liverpool) has opened as one of the world’s healthiest buildings, using Waterloo’s industry-leading air distribution products....