HVCA Unique contractor insurance offers savings
A NEW contractor liability insurance scheme is now available to HVCA members on an exclusive basis.
The scheme - entitled HVCA Unique - has been developed jointly by HVCA subsidiary Welplan and Oval Insurance Broking, and currently provides cover in respect of:
· employers', public and product liability;
· financial loss;
· excess public/product liability;
· professional indemnity;
· directors' and officers' liability;
· property insurance;
· business interruption;
· contractors/engineering all risk;
· goods in transit;
· legal expenses.
Other standard covers will be introduced over time, and terms for more specialised areas - including performance bonds - are available on request.
Key to the new scheme is the recognition that the Association's independent member inspection and assessment regime provides an increased level of risk management that is attractive to insurance underwriters - and can therefore deliver significant savings on premiums.
As part of the HVCA Unique development process, Oval carried out an extensive research and benchmarking exercise, with the result that the scheme has been designed specifically to address the concerns and requirements of HVCA member companies.
· reduced premiums;
· a single policy covering all risks;
· adjustable limits, so reducing the need for excess layers;
· removal of standard restrictions, including work at height and application of heat;
· access to a panel of specialist insurers;
· direct contact with a broker who understands the industry.
HVCA Unique replaces the scheme previously offered by Aon.
Further information is available from Bruce Kirton on 01768 860410 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1 January 2008