Know what you want? Try our 'Supplier Directory' 

HSE investigates CO link after newly-wed's death

The Health and Safety Executive is investigating the case of a woman who was found dead at home of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
Richard Haines returned from work to find his wife Katie dead in the bathroom, his parents unconscious downstairs and the family cat dead in the hallway of their Wokingham home.

Despite his attempts to resuscitate his wife, who was rushed to Royal Berkshire Hospital on February 18, Katie Haines was pronounced dead. Her funeral took place on March 10.

Richard and his parents were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at the hospital and discharged.

A spokesman for the HSE said: 'At the moment we are still investigating this case and cannot say anymore about what happened'.

A few weeks before the tragedy, the 31 year-old former journalist had returned from her honeymoon after marrying Richard in December 2009. Katie's parents have now set up a Katie Haines Memorial Fund to raise funds for charities and promote awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.
11 March 2010

Comments

Already Registered?
Login
Not Yet Registered?
Register

HVR Awards: Deadline Extended!

The entry deadline for the HVR Awards has been extended until June 21 to allow more time for the industry to enter. Celebrating 15 years since its launch, this is expected to be a bumper year for the prestigious scheme which recognises excellence ...

  16-May-2024

MHIAE Systems help Rowan House achieve sustainability goals

Energy-efficient heating, cooling, and hot water generation systems manufactured byMitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioning Europe (MHIAE), part of the MHI Group,are helping Colchester City Council to achieve its sustainability goals....

  04-Jun-2024

STOKVIS R600

CONDENSING ULTRA LOW NOx PREMIX COMMERCIAL BOILER
  10-Jan-2019
Heating & Ventilating Review is the number one magazine in the HVAR industry. Don’t miss out, subscribe today!
Subcribe to HVR

Diary

HVR Awards 2024