Know what you want? Try our 'Supplier Directory' 

Girl's death puts boiler installation in dock

Justice is being sought for a girl killed by carbon monoxide poisoning, with her family demanding that those responsible for installing the boiler in her flat be prosecuted.
Police arrested a man on suspicion of manslaughter and the suspect, believed to be a Corgi-registered heating engineer, was questioned by the Health and Safety Executive and the police before being bailed until December.

Elouise Littlewood died in her home last February after inhaling carbon monoxide fumes in the flat based in Bedfont, Middlesex. Her flatmate remains in a coma after also being exposed to the deadly fumes.

Last week, the HSE issued a safety alert when it learned that boiler flues in some properties might be defective during its ongoing investigation into Elouise's death at a new development of apartments. The flue from the boiler in the property ran through a ceiling void and it is believed CO escaped through defects in the flue and entered the apartment.

Elouise Littlewood had just moved into the new flat, managed by Notting Hill Housing, when the gas leak happened.
8 October 2008

Comments

Already Registered?
Login
Not Yet Registered?
Register

King's Speech announcements welcomed

The industry has broadly welcomed announcements in the the King’s Speech, particularly the Labour government’s commitment to Net Zero and growth....

  18-Jul-2024

Panasonic unveils game-changing solutions for a greener UK at InstallerSHOW 2024

Panasonic Heating & Cooling Solutions wowed the crowd at InstallerSHOW 2024 with its latest innovations, new partnerships, and significant investments in UK training centres. These efforts are set to revolutionise and speed up the UK’s journey ...

  18-Jul-2024

STOKVIS R600

CONDENSING ULTRA LOW NOx PREMIX COMMERCIAL BOILER
  10-Jan-2019
Heating & Ventilating Review is the number one magazine in the HVAR industry. Don’t miss out, subscribe today!
Subcribe to HVR

Diary

HVR Awards 2024