Heating and Ventilating

 

Girl's death puts boiler installation in dock

Justice is being sought for a girl killed by carbon monoxide poisoning, with her family demanding that those responsible for installing the boiler in her flat be prosecuted.
Police arrested a man on suspicion of manslaughter and the suspect, believed to be a Corgi-registered heating engineer, was questioned by the Health and Safety Executive and the police before being bailed until December.

Elouise Littlewood died in her home last February after inhaling carbon monoxide fumes in the flat based in Bedfont, Middlesex. Her flatmate remains in a coma after also being exposed to the deadly fumes.

Last week, the HSE issued a safety alert when it learned that boiler flues in some properties might be defective during its ongoing investigation into Elouise's death at a new development of apartments. The flue from the boiler in the property ran through a ceiling void and it is believed CO escaped through defects in the flue and entered the apartment.

Elouise Littlewood had just moved into the new flat, managed by Notting Hill Housing, when the gas leak happened.
8 October 2008

Comments

Already Registered?
Login
Not Yet Registered?
Register

Programme to create hydrogen and cut carbon emissions

Resource management company, Veolia, is advancing its programme to create the hydrogen gas supply infrastructure and decarbonise the UK energy supply....

  30-Nov-2021

Extreme hot water loading cylinders for King’s School

Mikrofill's Extreme 300 and 500 litre models have been installed at the King's School in Cheshire....

  23-Nov-2021

If you need to open a Solenoid Valve manually, you need a SVOM!

If you need to open a Solenoid Valve manually, you need a SVOM!
  22-Oct-2021
Heating & Ventilating Review is the number one magazine in the HVAR industry. Don’t miss out, subscribe today!
Subcribe to HVR

Diary

https://www.heatingandventilating.net/girls-death-puts-boiler-installation-in-dock--