SEARCH

Contractor electrocuted in Tunbridge Wells

An electrical contractor died after being electrocuted at a Marks & Spencer store in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. on Saturday.
The victim has been named as 62-year-old widower Philip Dodd of Horley, Surrey. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

A spokeswoman for Tunbridge Wells Borough Council said: 'We were called just before 3.30pm to the store in Calverley Road. It is believed a man suffered an electric shock. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

'The air ambulance also attended. It is being treated as a suspicious death until the full circumstances are known.'

An M&S spokeswoman added: 'There has been a tragic incident at the store today and our thoughts are with the family concerned.

'We are now concentrating on doing all we can to assist the emergency services with their investigation and as such are unable to comment any further at this stage.'


Follow HVROnlineEditor on Twitter
5 November 2012

Comments

Already Registered?
Login
Not Yet Registered?
Register

HVR Awards 2019 entries open: celebrating a decade of excellence

The HVR Awards has been carrying the torch for innovation and excellence from across the HVAC field for 10 years, and now with entries now open for the landmark edition, you have the chance to be a part of it.

  01-Apr-2019

Pendred team joins Humidity Solutions

Humidity Solutions has welcomed three new team members, all of whom previously worked for humidification and water systems specialist Norman Pendred & Co....

  18-Apr-2019

LG - providing quality solutions to the solution providers….

LG is one of the prime suppliers of air conditioning equipment across the globe and is rapidly building its market share in the UK. Its reputation is growing as more and more customers select LG products ahead of the competition. One such customer is leading engineering consultancy, Cundall
  17-Apr-2019
Heating & Ventilating Review is the number one magazine in the HVAR industry. Don’t miss out, subscribe today!
Subcribe to HVR

Diary