Know what you want? Try our 'Supplier Directory' 

Colleges to bid for slice of £50m funding pie

Colleges can bid for a slice of £50 million for facilities, now that the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills has released details of a new scheme.
Colleges to bid for slice of £50m funding pie
Some 150 FE colleges, yet to benefit from the government's capital building programme, can now bid for £225,000 under the £30 million Renewal grant, announced by the new government last month.

An additional £20 million will be available for colleges to bid for under the Enhanced Renewal grant.

In total, the colleges could each be eligible for up to £1 million in funding.

Criteria have been set for colleges wishing to submit a bid and these consider: the condition of the college and its facilities, the benefits to learners and benefit to the regeneration of local communities. The colleges will be expected to attract additional private finance. The bid also needs to show that the building project can be completed by September 2011.

The Skills Funding Agency (formerly the Learning and Skills Council) will allocate funding. Colleges submitting bids must not have received more than £5 million of funding for past building projects from the (LSC). In 2009, the LSC ran into trouble when it ran out of money and could only fund eight of the 79 college projects it had approved funding for.

Minister for Further Education, Skills and Lifelong Learning John Hayes said: 'The £50 million we have put on the table will make a real difference to college campuses throughout England'.
23 June 2010


Already Registered?
Not Yet Registered?

Heat pump technology supported by HNIP

Following the publication of the Heat and Buildings Strategy, a suite of low carbon heat network projects have been awarded funding through the Heat Networks Investment Project (HNIP)....


Carrier ultra-low GWP HFO heat pumps help decarbonise the City of London

Carrier AquaForce®61XWHZE high-temperature heat pumps operating on ultra-low global warming potential (GWP) Hydro-Fluoro-Olefins (HFO) R-1234ze refrigerant have been chosen for E.ON's ground-breaking district heating and cooling scheme in the City ...


If you need to open a Solenoid Valve manually, you need a SVOM!

If you need to open a Solenoid Valve manually, you need a SVOM!
Heating & Ventilating Review is the number one magazine in the HVAR industry. Don’t miss out, subscribe today!
Subcribe to HVR


ACR Awards