Know what you want? Try our 'Supplier Directory' 

British Gas coughs up £35,000 to owners of deadly boiler

British Gas has agreed to pay £35,000 compensation to a family after a faulty boiler leaked carbon monoxide gas and poisoned seven people.
Six family members and a family friend had to be hospitalised after breathing in the deadly gas at a Hale property in 1999.

British Gas had declared the faulty boiler in the family's home satisfactory when it inspected it seven months before the incident.
18 February 2009

Comments

Already Registered?
Login
Not Yet Registered?
Register

BESA guidance opens door to air quality ‘safe havens’

The removal of most Covid restrictions in the UK has increased calls for clearer practical guidance and the setting of specific indoor air quality (IAQ) contaminant targets to support the health and wellbeing of building occupants....

The Building Engineering Services Association (BESA) has, therefore, produced a concise guide to good practice: ‘Indoor Air Quality for Health & Well-Being’, which is designed to help building owners, managers and engineers interpret IAQ data and turn it into useful strategies for improving the indoor environment.

  27-Jul-2021

Midea adds new super slim BreezeleSS+ RoundFlow cassette to its line up

Combining innovation with elegant design, Midea has introduced the new BreezeleSS+ RoundFlow cassette to its splits systems range....

  27-Jul-2021

If you need to open a Solenoid Valve manually, you need a SVOM!

If you need to open a Solenoid Valve manually, you need a SVOM!
  08-Feb-2021
Heating & Ventilating Review is the number one magazine in the HVAR industry. Don’t miss out, subscribe today!
Subcribe to HVR

Diary