Know what you want? Try our 'Supplier Directory' 

Boiler maker burned

A 64-year-old boiler maker suffered serious burns after an accident at an industrial plant in Australia.
The man was welding the top of a large steel vat on Saturday (June 16) when gases inside ignited causing an explosion.

The force of the blast blew the hatch of the vat open, causing burns to the man's back, legs and arm.

Workers heard the explosion at the industrial estate in Sydney and ran to help the man, giving first aid until an ambulance arrived.

He was stabilised at the scene, before being taken to hospital with first, second and third degree burns to various parts of his body.

At the time of publication, the worker was reported as being in a stable condition.
20 June 2007

Comments

Already Registered?
Login
Not Yet Registered?
Register
ACR News

Whitty urges businesses to invest in ventilation

Investing in building ventilation will play a key role in helping the country recover from the Covid-19 pandemic and prepare for future health emergencies, according to the government's chief medical adviser Professor Chris Whitty....

  26-Nov-2021

Extreme hot water loading cylinders for King’s School

Mikrofill's Extreme 300 and 500 litre models have been installed at the King's School in Cheshire....

  23-Nov-2021

If you need to open a Solenoid Valve manually, you need a SVOM!

If you need to open a Solenoid Valve manually, you need a SVOM!
  22-Oct-2021
Heating & Ventilating Review is the number one magazine in the HVAR industry. Don’t miss out, subscribe today!
Subcribe to HVR

Diary