The Travis Perkins Group has joined the UK Green Building Council (UK-GBC) to emphasise what it said was its 'strong commitment to help our customers' new-build and retrofit sustainable building projects'.
The UK-GBC is a membership organisation campaigning for a sustainable built environment.
Travis Perkins Group said this was a one of a series of steps it had taken over the last two years to help its customers deliver sustainable build projects:
· In 2010, the Group established a new division, Sustainable Building Solutions, to help educate and guide the industry in sustainable building techniques,
· Established an Advisory Board of independent experts and senior industry figures,
· Created a website at www.sustainablebuildingsolutions.co.uk,
· Devised a series of thermally-modelled architects drawings for new build and retrofit to help customers pass SAP testing more easily,
· Provided services and training courses to help installers deliver their projects.
Paul Joyner, director of Sustainable Building Solutions (SBS), said: 'Joining the Green Building Council was an obvious step for the Travis Perkins Group, as we look to develop our position as a market-leader within sustainable building and our commitment to making it easier for the industry to deliver sustainable build projects.'