Know what you want? Try our 'Supplier Directory' 

Gas fitter accused of manslaughter of two elderly friends

A gas fitter has appeared in court on manslaughter charges following the deaths of two friends exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Margaret Powell died of carbon monoxide poisoning in her home with her friend Thomas Morgan, aged 74, who was visiting her.

Peter Tongue is alleged to have carried out defective workmanship on 72 year old pensioner Margaret Powell's heating system.

He appeared at Newport Crown court and is charged with manslaughter of the two friends on the grounds of negligent work.

He is also charged with thirteen counts of failure in his duty to ensure that others are not exposed to risk to their health or safety.

Thomas Morgan was staying with Margaret Powell in Brecon, just before Christmas 2006.
19 November 2008

Comments

Already Registered?
Login
Not Yet Registered?
Register

Attitudinal shift towards low carbon heating as energy concerns take hold

Samsung has announced the results of a study which revealed that the UK might be nearing a tipping point on attitudes towards low carbon heating solutions such as heat pumps.

Some 78% of heating industry professionals said demand for heat pumps had increased in the last five years, with seven out of 10 professionals now seeing heat pumps as a more viable solution versus a few years ago.

 

  01-Dec-2022

Combat launches range of Elite Pro Unit Heaters

Combat Heating Solutions, Europe’s leading developer and manufacturer of energy efficient warm air heating and radiant systems, are delighted to introduce you to their range of Elite Pro Unit Heaters, Models EPU 30-115kW, one of the most effective ...

  02-Dec-2022

If you need to open a Solenoid Valve manually, you need a SVOM!

If you need to open a Solenoid Valve manually, you need a SVOM!
  22-Oct-2021
Heating & Ventilating Review is the number one magazine in the HVAR industry. Don’t miss out, subscribe today!
Subcribe to HVR

Diary