Know what you want? Try our 'Supplier Directory' 

Electricians can deliver Part P message says NICEIC

NICEIC, the voluntary regulatory body for the electrical contracting industry, has produced a Part P fact sheet for electricians to give to customers.
Electricians can deliver Part P message says NICEIC
On January 1, 2005, an amendment to the Building Regulations came into force in England and Wales which introduced Part P.

It states that 'Fixed electrical installations in dwellings shall be suitably designed, installed, inspected and tested so as to provide reasonable protection against their being a source of a fire or a cause of injury to persons.'

The law requires an electrician registered with a government-approved scheme, such as the one operated by NICEIC, to carry out most electrical work in the home. After completion of any work an NICEIC registered electrician will issue an electrical safety certificate and a compliance certificate to confirm it meets the requirements of the Building Regulations.

Jim Speirs, NICEIC group chief executive said 'We are constantly working hard to publicise Part P to the general public, often with little or no support from government or other industry bodies.'

Electricians can download a copy of the fact sheet from the NICEIC website to distribute to customers including local authorities, housing associations and homeowners.

To download a copy visit
31 January 2008


Already Registered?
Not Yet Registered?

Vaillant team reflects on future of hydrogen

With one of its first certificated 100% hydrogen boilers now in place at the H21 test site in South Bank, Middlesbrough, the team from Vaillant involved with its installation and testing reflect on what it means to the industry, and what the results ...


Products & services to lower carbon to Net Zero in any and all buildings

Contact Rinnai today for free training and design support / free CPDs – simply email or Tel 0300 373 0660 for consultation with sustainability specialists....


If you need to open a Solenoid Valve manually, you need a SVOM!

If you need to open a Solenoid Valve manually, you need a SVOM!
Heating & Ventilating Review is the number one magazine in the HVAR industry. Don’t miss out, subscribe today!
Subcribe to HVR