BSRIA Topic Guides are free to download. Visit https://www.bsria.co.uk/information-membership/information-centre/bsria-topic-guides/
BSRIA has launched a Brexit Topic Guide which aims to demystify the issues surrounding Brexit.
Launched this week, the At a Glance Guide, offers quick facts and key issues on a myriad of need to know issues.
• Impact of Brexit on the construction industry.
• Impact on skills and training.
• Labour and trade figures.
• What is Article 50 & the key issues for triggering Article 50?
• Views of Brexit – political and worldwide.
• Why did the High Court rule in favour of parliament?
• FAQ – questions about Brexit.
• How will the government carry out Brexit?
• What are the terms of the Brexit negotiation?
• What happens to EU legislation?
BSRIA information manager, Jayne Sunley, said: “There has been much heat and noise surrounding Brexit since June last year. On behalf of our members, we have created this easy to use at a glance guide which covers a multitude of Brexit questions.
“From the free movement of EU nationals, visa applications, the impact on skills and training and the Supreme Court ruling to a Brexit FAQ, the role of the Department for Exiting the EU, the Canada, Norway and Swiss Model and what happens to EU legislation?”
She continued: “Whether the UK adopts a hard, soft or medium, black, white or grey Brexit remains to be seen but, for now, BSRIA is calling for a clear Brexit agenda, and in essence, government must provide a clear avenue for industry.
“Finally, we must not lose sight of the fact that it is crucial that the construction industry’s voice is heard in the Brexit debate.”